When should I apply for graduation?
- Before the published Graduation Application deadline in the term you expect to complete all your program requirements. (Academic Calendar)
- Be sure that you have declared your full program (Majors, Minors, Concentrations)
- Be sure to review your CAPP Degree Evaluation and meet with your academic advisor/department before applying.
What if I forgot to declare my major/minor/concentration before applying?
- Visit the department housing the major/minor/concentration to complete an approved Change of Major/Minor. It is essential that you DO NOT miss the Graduation Application deadline.
Why don’t I see my second major/degree when I try to apply?
- Initially the online graduation application will only display your primary major. You will be able to review your entire program you are applying for just before submitting your application.
I have two degrees. Why can’t I apply for the second one?
- One possibility is that you are a double major under one degree (e.g. B.A. with majors in CJUS and PSYC), so only one application is needed.
- If you have two different degrees (e.g. B.A. and B.S., or B.S. and B.S.B.A.) then you will need to apply twice.
When will I know if I’m Graduating?
- Check your unofficial transcript in my.uncc.edu. The conferral date will be listed once the degree is awarded.
When/Where can I pick up my Cap and Gown?
- You will be able to pick up your Cap and Gown from the UNC Charlotte Campus Bookstore during or after the Commencement Fair. The Commencement Fair is typically held mid-semester.
How can I change my graduation date?
- You can change your Graduation date by submitting a New Graduation Application online through your my.uncc.edu account.
Can I walk in the current Commencement Ceremony and complete my program requirements in a future term?
- University policy states that students participate in the Commencement Ceremony for the term in which they complete the requirements for the degree.
- Students completing their degrees in Summer participate in the Fall Commencement Ceremony.
What time should I come for the Commencement Ceremony?
- Please check the Commencement Brochure to see what time the various colleges participate.
- Bring your Student ID for check-in at the ceremony, and arrive 60 minutes early.
When will my degree be awarded?
- Awarding of degrees will begin after grades are submitted and may take up to six weeks to complete.
When will I receive my diploma?
- Diplomas will be mailed six to eight weeks after Commencement, as long as there are no financial holds on your account.
How can I change my diploma mailing address?
- Online through my.uncc.edu, Personal Information menu, Update Address(es) and Phone(s), and then select “Diploma” for the “Type of Address”. You should then be able to enter your new address and submit.
- Always fill out a Change of Address Form with the U.S. Postal Service in case your diploma has been mailed prior to the “change of address” in our system.
How do I get extra Graduation tickets?
- Tickets are needed for both the May and December Commencement ceremonies.
- Please check the Commencement website for the availability of extra tickets.
How can I order a duplicate diploma?
- Please click here to access our online duplicate diploma order form.
- If your diploma requires express delivery, notarization, or if your name has changed do not proceed with the online ordering system. Please contact Graduation Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is an eDiploma and how can I order one?
- An eDiploma is an official signed and certified PDF of your diploma
- Click here to order an eDiploma for $5