Transcript Order

The Office of the Registrar provides transcripts of a student's official UNC Charlotte academic record for both undergraduate and/or graduate course work upon request. A transcript is an exact and complete record of a student's academic history; therefore the University will not issue a partial transcript. If the academic record has a hold flag on it for failure to meet financial obligations or for any other reasons, transcript requests will not be processed.  Official transcripts are printed on Script Safe paper and sealed in a UNC Charlotte business envelope. 

Obtaining an Official UNC Charlotte Academic Transcript

Current students should review their unofficial transcript through Banner Self Service for the completion of grades and awarding of degrees. Please order official transcripts the next business day after confirming that all term grades are complete to ensure that they are included on the transcript.

     1. Online Requests
  • Currently enrolled students in the last 12 months (active): transcripts can be ordered online any time in Banner Self Service through student’s account.  Status of orders can be viewed in Banner Self Service on the Student Records page under the “View Status of Transcript Requests” link on the next business day.

  • Not currently enrolled not enrolled for more than 12 months (inactive): must initially access the direct access portal to set-up a new password to access Banner Self Service.  Once a new password is obtained then direct access is available through Banner Self Service where transcripts can be ordered online any time.


  • To access the transcript ordering link in Banner Self Service; select Student Services/Student Accounts Tab, select Student Records, select Request Official Transcript link and then follow the remaining prompts.
  • Status of orders can be viewed in Banner Self Service on the Student Records page under the “View Status of Transcript Requests” link on the next business day.
     2. In-Person Requests

Transcripts should be ordered through Banner Self Service when possible prior to pickup. A valid picture ID is required for pickup transcripts and can be issued to the student requesting the transcript or to a third party to whom the student has given access through a completed Student Consent for Access to Education Records Form or through our Guest Access Portal. These access requests should be on file with our office prior to pickup. In-person transcript services are available between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday (except during observed holidays) and can be picked up in the Office of the Registrar in the King Building, Room 141.  Unclaimed transcripts will be destroyed if not picked-up within six months of date ordered.

     3. Transcript Requests Requiring Companion Documents (Currently Active Students Only)

Currently active students with NinerNet Credentials can request a transcript and upload a file to accompany it by using the form Transcript Order Form with Companion Document.

Non-current inactive students should email a completed Transcript Request Form along with companion document via email to or fax a request form to 704-687-6121 along with companion document.

     4. Alumni with attendance prior to 1988

Alumni with attendance prior to 1988 may request an official transcript by completing a Transcript Request Form that can be mailed, emailed or faxed to our office.

Back to top

If you have additional questions concerning a transcript request, contact the transcript unit at 704‑687‑5492.

The University of North Carolina at Charlotte reserves the right, with the approval of the appropriate authorities, to make changes at any time.

Mailing Address:
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Office of the Registrar
9201 University City Blvd., King 141
Charlotte, NC 28223
Transcript Fax Number:


  • Contact IT Service Desk at 704-687-5500 for assistance with NinerNet Username and Password.

  • Contact Student Accounts at 704-687-5506 for resolution of financial holds.

  • Contact the IT Service Desk  at 704-687-5500 for instructions on how to print and save an unofficial transcript in PDF format.

Back to top