The following information reflects academic policy changes made during Spring 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Pass/No Credit and Pass/Unsatisfactory
- Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Faculty Executive Committee voted to create an exception to the UNC Charlotte grading policy for Spring 2020.
- Students, both undergraduate and graduate, had until June 1, 2020 to select this alternative grading method.
Dean's and Chancellor's List
- The Faculty Executive Committee approved an exception to the Academic Policy allowing students to be eligible for Chancellor’s List or Dean’s List if they had earned at least 9 credit hours (instead of 12) in courses graded A, B, or C.
- This allowed students to accept a Pass (P) grade in some courses, as long as the student accepted letter grades in at least 9 credit hours. This exception applies only to Spring Semester 2020.
- This exception can be found in the Academic Honors policy as well as in the current Catalog.
- Courses taken in the Spring 2020 full-term and Session B will not count against the allowable number of grade replacements.
- For undergraduate students, withdrawals taken during the Spring 2020 full-term and Session B will not count against the withdrawal limit and will be considered withdrawn due to extenuating circumstances.
- Students enrolled in Spring 2020 full-term and Session B have a comment added to this term on their transcript: "A global health emergency during this term required significant course changes. Unusual enrollment patterns and grades could reflect the tumultuous time, not necessarily the student's work."
- Any student who wishes to have this comment removed may make this request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.